WinPE 2.0 Install not rebooting

randalldale

Ok Guys,

I'm in the process of converting my old unattended XP SP2 install from WinPE 1.6 to WinPE 2.0 and it appears that the 'C:\i386\winnt32 /syspart:c: /tempdrive:c: /Unattend:C:\$OEM$\unattend.txt' after conversion no longer reboots the PC and begins the install.

Previous solutions worked very well :thumbup but with Vista on the horizon I needed to get into the new century and quit using batch files and switch to HTA files. Ok sothe batch files run in the back ground still :sneaky:

To preface I want to say that I'm calling HTA files and using VBScripts so that the user interface is more pleasant and getting ready for a Vista deployment.

Installation goes like this.

1) Boot to DVD

2) WinPE 2.0 loads and calls begin.hta

3) Begin.hta request user input for end user name and pc name

4) Then I dynamically create the unattend.txt file, copy some drivers and the i386.

5) last thing is the switch (c:\i386\winnt32 /syspart:c: /tempdrive:c: /Unattend:C:\$OEM$\unattend.txt)

Now in WinPE 1.6 when this switch was called the system rebooted and started the install.

In WinPE 2.0 it ain't happen.... :wacko:

Tell me what I've missed guys or gals...

I've tried adding shutdown.exe -r -f to the batch file.

I've also used a VBScript inside my HTA file of objWShell.Run("cmd.exe shutdown.exe -r -f), 0

I've also tried objWShell.SendKeys "exit" ..... I'm lost :realmad:

Actually had just found wpeutil while browsing the winpe boot command window and did a wpeutil /? to discover 'reboot', testing it right now.

Oh and FYI 'restart' is not a command but instead need to use 'reboot' still thought you were right on with wpeutil.exe thanks. :thumbup

I will post the results.

FYI everyone I also added some scripting if anyone was looking for some addtional help

'wpeutil.exe reboot' command inside your batch file will reboot WinPE 2.0 when you are done copying files.

If anyone is interested you can also call wpeutil using vbs with the following line.

<script language="vbscript" type="text/vbscript">

function abort()

set objWShell = CreateObject("WScript.Shell")

objWShell.Run ("wpeutil reboot")

end Function

</script>

This line you can use if you need an exit from your HTA files with say a 'Reboot' or 'Abort' button. Just call the function with your onselect button.

example: <input class="quitButton" type="button" name="quitButton" value="Abort" onclick="abort()"></td>

most of all thanks again 'JazKal' and everyone else that has been so helpful.