Open Office and Avast anti-virus switch

cullend11

looks like the OpenOffice thing was discussed already in the past and it seems there are already solutions:

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=58767

For avast! I think there is only this (if you don't use the paid version).

Create a file admin.ini (has to be in the same directory as your setup file):

[Admin] 
SilentInstallation=1
Serial=Insert Your Free Key Here

cool, do you know if this will work for open office

%SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\openofficeorg20.msi ADDLOCAL=gm_Root,gm_r_Files_2,gm_r_Files_3,gm_r_Files_4,gm_r_Files_5,gm_r_Files_6,gm_r_Files_7,gm_r_

,Files_8,gm_r_Files_9,gm_r_Fonts_OOo_Hidden,gm_p_Wrt_Bin,gm_p_Wrt_Help,gm_p_Calc_Bin,gm_p_Calc_Help,

gm_p_Calc_Addins,gm_p_Impress_Bin,gm_p_Impress_Help,gm_o_Oo_English,gm_o_Winexplorerext

start /wait msiexec /qnb /i c:\ooo2\OpenOfficeorg\openofficeorg20.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1

why don't you put the options/properties from the 2nd command line to the others in the first?

i think of something like this

start /wait msiexec /qn /i %SYSTEMDRIVE%\Install\openofficeorg20.msi ALLUSERS=1 SELECT_WORD=1 SELECT_EXCEL=1 SELECT_POWERPOINT=1 ADDLOCAL=gm_Root,gm_r_Files_2,gm_r_Files_3,gm_r_Files_4,gm_r_Files_5,gm_r_Files_6,gm_r_Files_7,gm_r_
Files_8,gm_r_Files_9,gm_r_Fonts_OOo_Hidden,gm_p_Wrt_Bin,gm_p_Wrt_Help,gm_p_Calc_Bin,gm_p_Calc_Help,g
m_p_Calc_Addins,gm_p_Impress_Bin,gm_p_Impress_Help,gm_o_Oo_English,gm_o_Winexplorerext

This should all be on one commandline. However, I haven't tested it. So you might want to get something like VirtualBox or VMware to test-drive this.

note: '/qn' sets the installer to be totally silent, '/qb' does show the progress-bar.

Edited by bj-kaiser

• 2 weeks later...