intel 845gl chipset graphics driver for windows vista

karizmatic_vj

A tad more info would be nice........

go here http://indigo.intel.com/mbsg/compare.aspx?...mp;aryAttrID=84

and see if you can find which board configuration you have, then it may help in locating what you need.

then someone might be able to assist you more.

A standard XP driver should work, my Dell GX-270 Mainboard picked up a Vista driver no problems.

The board is over 3 years old in this IBM laptop, and it too, picked up all the drivers it needed from the Vista Ultimate Install Disc.

I still say Vista Blows, but someone out there MAY like it SOMETIME................

I will say Office 2007 is impressive though !!!! So Microgates will still be an earner for a while yet......

• 2 weeks later...

I had the same problem installing Vista with an old Microstar MS-6526GL P4 motherboard with integrated 845GL graphics & no AGP.

All Vista gave me was the unaccelerated standard VGA BS. Not good.

Checking Microstar's website, I found an old XP driver for the 845 and 865 chipsets. My line of thinking was that if this old driver was for both, maybe Vista's built in driver for the 865 was also compatible.

Guess what - it works! :rolleyes:

1. Click Start - Control Panel - System and Maintenance - Device Manager

2. When the DM opens, under display adapters, right-click the standard VGA and choose properties.

3. On the driver tab, click update driver

4. Click Browse my computer for driver software

5. Click let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer

6. Untick 'Show compatible hardware', then scroll down to Intel Corporation and on the right side, click

'Intel® 82865G Graphics Controller (Microsoft Corporation -XDDM)', then next and OK the old style warnings about the driver not being compatible etc. etc. etc.

7. Reboot

It won't do Aero but the display is definitely accelerated, Vista is stable and the performance index goes up a lot.

have fun!

Drymartini

• 1 year later...

Guys...for those who are using intel 845G....if you want the windows vista graphics card driver for Intel 845G...just download the XP driver of Intel 845G......and extract it.....Now Install the Windows Vista.......after installation go to control panel click administrative Tools---->computer Management----->Device Manager----->Display Adapters....Now click update Driver.....Dont simply press search button.....Click Browse button...and locate to the extracted folder.....In the extracted folder go to Win2000 and locate the "ialmnt5.inf" file......Thats it....Restart your computer......see the Magic.....Intel said 845G driver of XP will also support Windows Vista. But you won't get Aero Glass......but you can do other things....if you want aero glass on Windows Vista...after installing this driver....install Window Blinds..... :thumbup:rolleyes:

9zr4ft.jpg

30hsg01.jpg