Outlook 2007 Calendar Issues

dxpsteve

Recently, I have been having troubles modifying, adding, and rescheduling events in my Outlook 2007 Calendar.

Whenever I try to make a change or addition, the event reverts to it's previous state, or just disappears.

When re-open an event that reverted, there is an information bar at the top that says:

This item was not completely updated during the last server synchronization. Click here to review other versions.

When I click the ribbon bar, I get the option to "View Local Failures." When I do this, it opens up a new window very similar to Outlook except with a series of failed events instead of messages. However, there are no special options, it merely seems like another instance of Outlook renamed "Local Failures."

I have tried searching other places, hoping to possibly find a log file of some sort of the activity and the error.

I returned to Outlook, and changed my sidebar view ot Folder List. I displayed the folder 'Sync issues,' and there were numerous items with subject "Synchronization Log: "

Here is what the logs in this folder look like:

17:24:06 Synchronizer Version 12.0.4518
17:24:06 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Name'
17:24:06 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Calendar'
17:24:06 Uploading to server 'Exchange server
17:24:06 Error synchronizing message 'Event Name'
17:24:06 [80040900-3EE-80040900-323]
17:24:06 Unknown Error.
17:24:06 Microsoft Exchange Information Store
17:24:06 For more information on this failure, click the URL below:
17:24:06 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80040900-3ee-80040900-323
17:24:07 Moved a message that failed synchronization to 'Local Failures'. Message subject -> 'Event name'. You can view this message in your offline folder file only.
17:24:07 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Conflicts'
17:24:07 Downloading from server 'Exchange server'
17:24:07 1 item(s) added to offline folder
17:24:07 Done

The link just brings me to the Microsoft support page, which again leads to another dead end.

I have Googled numerous different key words relevant to this error, but to no avail.

Is anybody else experiencing this? And if so, have you figured out a way around it? The calendar has become pretty useless since it stopped functioning :angry:

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve

I can't believe I didn't think of this earlier, but I tried accessing my exchange through the Webmail interface, and everything worked out.

Although, it would still be nice to be able to rearrange calendar items from within Outlook itself.

If anybody else experiences this, or can of a possible cause/solution, please don't hesistate to share :-P

Thanks,

Steve

Recently, I have been having troubles modifying, adding, and rescheduling events in my Outlook 2007 Calendar.

Whenever I try to make a change or addition, the event reverts to it's previous state, or just disappears.

When re-open an event that reverted, there is an information bar at the top that says:

This item was not completely updated during the last server synchronization. Click here to review other versions.

When I click the ribbon bar, I get the option to "View Local Failures." When I do this, it opens up a new window very similar to Outlook except with a series of failed events instead of messages. However, there are no special options, it merely seems like another instance of Outlook renamed "Local Failures."

I have tried searching other places, hoping to possibly find a log file of some sort of the activity and the error.

I returned to Outlook, and changed my sidebar view ot Folder List. I displayed the folder 'Sync issues,' and there were numerous items with subject "Synchronization Log: "

Here is what the logs in this folder look like:

17:24:06 Synchronizer Version 12.0.4518
17:24:06 Synchronizing Mailbox 'Name'
17:24:06 Synchronizing local changes in folder 'Calendar'
17:24:06 Uploading to server 'Exchange server
17:24:06 Error synchronizing message 'Event Name'
17:24:06 [80040900-3EE-80040900-323]
17:24:06 Unknown Error.
17:24:06 Microsoft Exchange Information Store
17:24:06 For more information on this failure, click the URL below:
17:24:06 http://www.microsoft.com/support/prodredirect/outlook2000_us.asp?err=80040900-3ee-80040900-323
17:24:07 Moved a message that failed synchronization to 'Local Failures'. Message subject -> 'Event name'. You can view this message in your offline folder file only.
17:24:07 Synchronizing server changes in folder 'Conflicts'
17:24:07 Downloading from server 'Exchange server'
17:24:07 1 item(s) added to offline folder
17:24:07 Done

The link just brings me to the Microsoft support page, which again leads to another dead end.

I have Googled numerous different key words relevant to this error, but to no avail.

Is anybody else experiencing this? And if so, have you figured out a way around it? The calendar has become pretty useless since it stopped functioning :angry:

Thanks in advance for any help,

Steve

I am experiencing the same problem.

• 2 years later...

Having the same problem here.

XP Pro SP3 running Outlook 2007 SP2.

Intermittent problems with modifying calendar entries on a public calendar. Some entries are successfully modified or deleted, but others do not seem to change. Once the user clicks away from the calendar and then clicks back to it - the changes she made are gone!

It seems like the client is out of sync with the server or something. The web-based public calendar is modified successfully every time. It is only the client that is finicky.

I have run repair on Outlook, and installed all of the latest Microsoft patches, but nothing seems to drive the nail into the coffin on this intermittent calendar problem.