Home Upgrade on a domain member

Bezalel

Can I use a Home Premium Upgrade to install over Wondows 2000 Pro that is a domain member and still retain domain membership?

No...None of the Home SKU's support Domain Join.....you'll need one of the Business Versions or Ultimate.

You will lose your domain membership - none of the Vista Home SKUs allow joining a domain on clean install, or staying domain-joined after an upgrade (the upgrade process will kill your domain membership on purpose). You will need Ultimate if you want MCE and be joined to a domain.

• 2 weeks later...

I decided to try this anyway just to see what happens. I installed MCE 2005 and joined it to my domain during setup, then I upgraded to Vista Home Premium. The upgrade went smoothly it didn't give me any warnings about being in a domain. After setup finished I discovered that my computer is still in my domain. Domain members can no longer login interactively but are still able to access file shares remotely (using domain credentials).Group policies (including new changes) are being applied to the computer.