Reinstall Office 2003 on Dell laptop

WoRdUp48

Hi,

My friend has a Dell Inspiron 600m and wants me to format the system. However, he does not have the recovery CDs any longer (must have lost them). I know how to reinstall Windows by using an OEM CD and the product key on the bottom of the system. I can also find out the office key by using a key finder Utility.

My question is this. Windows has different CDs, so that a retail CD will only take retail keys, an OEM CD will only take OEM keys, etc (I know you can modify the setupp.ini to accept any type of key you want). Are there also different types of office CDs? Or are they all the same?

If office CDs are different just like windows CDs are, and assuming Dell's office key is an OEM one (is that a fair assumption??), is there anyway I can modify my Retail Office 2003 CD to accept friends legal licensed key from Dell. Now if the CDs are not different, (i.e., any office CD will take and office key, then it is not really an issue)

I hope I am making myself clear. I just want to use my friend's legal office key when I reinstall his system.

Thanks,

wordup48