need replacement for MS SMS server

dwsheetz

I am looking for a way to push applications and patches (spyware and virus updates, and switchless installs)to each of my pc's on my home network - I have 2 Media Center pc's and 4 XP boxes (one is a laptop) I do not wish to use MS system management server because that requires a domain and active directory, blah blah blah

Does anyone have any good suggestions for an app to replace this?

Or has anyone done a script for things like this?

Site Keeper costs about $400 for my small network. maybe I can find an extended trial version ;)

OCS looks like it might work, had some trouble installing it last night but finally got it working (user error) takes a little learning curve to figure out but looks powerful (it uses apache server and MySQL) neat features too

as for WPKG, it looks like it requires active directory, will dig into it to see how I can configure it to work in a workgroup with no server installed just peer to peer XP boxes

I think OCS might be better but would like to use LAN Desk or Site manager if I could ag=fford it. Since I work for a large corporation, sometimes a can get a few free licenses for eval purposes. Thanks for the ideas and if you can come up with anu other suggestions I am still open on this subject