RIS GUI installation phase asks for PnP monitor driver

I just created a new image for HP DC7600 workstation. Everything goes smoothly as it should be and has always went, but for some odd reason it just asked me to find drivers for PnP monitor in the middle of GUI phase installation? I applied the Microsoft High Definition Audio patch onto I386 folder before i initiated this installation. I don't think it has anything to do with this, though.

Has anyone experienced this before? The system i'm testing the image with has 22" Sony TFT monitor attached to it with VGA connection, but this is the first time ever Windows asks for monitor driver in the middle of GUI phase installation. And it's not really automated if i have to decline every time to this prompt... :blink:

Yes, this has been discussed many times before here, but that's OK. The problem comes from the video driver that is being installed into your image - the driver install routine likely has a monitor check phase, and it's prompting you for the driver (this usually doesn't happen with the same driver during regular Windows, but on an install (where not everything is quite set up yet), this can happen.

Yes, this has been discussed many times before here, but that's OK. The problem comes from the video driver that is being installed into your image

I did try to search from the forum this kind of posts but didn't find any, so if you would be as kind to provide some links.. :unsure:

If there is some way to avoid this from happening i would really appreciate hearing it.

Yeah - the way to avoid it is to use a driver that doesn't exhibit the problem :) - if you're integrating a driver into setup, you'll probably want to do some trial and error on available drivers for your hardware to see if any work. Otherwise, you're either going to get the pop-up, or you can skip integrating your driver (and use the standard VGA) and install post-setup.

Otherwise, you're either going to get the pop-up, or you can skip integrating your driver (and use the standard VGA) and install post-setup.

Or apply this MS KB883667 hotfix that seems to be made because of this type of issues?