Application error messages

Thunderbolt 2864

I keep getting these stupid application error messages, saying "Click OK to terminate the program", "Click Cancel to debug" crap. I mean, I get it quite frequently and its getting on my nerves. I performed a search on the forum but too many results came up which didn't help. Help here please?

Best thing to do is to install userdump and configure it to monitor the .exe name of the application giving you the problems. Once configured, the next time the crash occurs it'll create process dump files (by default in your %windir% directory) that can be analyzed in windbg or cdb to see what's going on.

Once you download and extract the .zip file, run the setup.exe in the appropriate architecture folder (for most people, it'll be x86 for 32bit and amd64 for 64bit). Once done, it'll place an icon in your control panel called "Process Dumper" - go in there and create a new rule (using the executable name you wish to dump as the rule name). You can either use the defaults, or choose to create your own rules (select the place for the dumps to go when created, and select "all exceptions" if you do this). Otherwise, it should create dump files in your %windir% location when a process that matches a rule crashes.