XP Unattended - Integrate Internet Explorer 7

_jd_

I'm putting together a new image but need to build a new unattended install of XP Pro SP2 first.

Anyway, i'm looking to integrate Internet Explorer 7 into the unattended install. I first started with the standard downloadable package available from Microsoft and installed it via SVCPACK.INF using the switches "/quiet /nobackup /norestart". During testing afterwards, I then found a few settings that I wasn't able to customize via registry settings and I turned to Microsoft's IEAK (Internet Explorer Administration Kit) to pre-configure some default settings, etc. The resulting installation package built by the IEAK, which is still an executable, no longer installs via SVCPACK.INF, with or without any switches... I still have IE6 post-install.

Thoughts? The IEAK-built IE7 package does install without issue if triggered manually...

One thing I noticed is that the IE7 install package from Microsoft has many more switches that are common to standard Microsoft Update files (/quiet /passive /update-no /no-default etc...) whereas the package built with the IEAK only has four available switches (/Q /C /T: /C:).

Edited by _jd_

That was my initial approach. Unfortunately, only a portion of the registry values I set in the "Default User" hive are applied to new users. Some of the registry values are overwritten with default values, i'm assuming during the small setup routine that runs when a new user logs in. Unfortunately, these settings are critical to our environment...