A difficult question about the windows version in branch new laptop

nlp156

Dear all,

I have a strangle question about the Windows version in branch-new laptop:

How can they did it? when the first customer open the laptop and turn it on, the Windows hasn't installed yet, it automatically install after some steps.

So, I don't know the way they create this version. If I have a laptop and I want to create a version like that one, which step I must do?

If anyone have information about this field, please give it to me. Thank you very much!!!

Dear all,

I have a strangle question about the Windows version in branch-new laptop:

How can they did it? when the first customer open the laptop and turn it on, the Windows hasn't installed yet, it automatically install after some steps.

So, I don't know the way they create this version. If I have a laptop and I want to create a version like that one, which step I must do?

If anyone have information about this field, please give it to me. Thank you very much!!!

Sounds like the laptop was built using an image that had been prepared using the sysprep tool. You can get info by searching for "sysprep" on Google, or check out this link for the M$ KB article:

SYSPREP

Thanks your suggestions.

I did it :thumbup

Next, I want to create a recovery partition, like branch-new laptop, it has a partition to keep the original windows, if you hit Fn+F11, it automatically restore your windows. Do you have any ideas or information for this problem?

Thanks you!!

Usually that kind of hotkey is controlled by BIOS in most laptops. You can however, simply make a separate partition that holds the setup files and then change the bootloader to boot into the secondary partition when needed.

Just set the timeout to 1 second (or 0 - it might work, but you'd have to test it out) and then press down continuously when booting to select the "restore" partition.