Resolution on first boot just won't change?

Hi all,

I have following MAJOR problem. I wanted to make a full unattended install of windows(something which I succeeded in just fine)and I was using autoit to mimic some moves to install tools, like clicking stuff automatically and moving mouse around. Well the problem I quickly ran into is that autoit doesn't work like it did on my fully installed windows. When all windows files are copied over, and the final steps of install are being finalized it will jump to my RunOnceEx.cmd and start installing all my tools but here is my problem. When windows starts installing my custom programs the DEFAULT MONITOR for windows is still selected and the mouse position is allways slightly different then when I made the scripts(note that scripts were made on exact same system). Major problem is that my unattended windows allways starts up with resolution of 640x480x32 and DEFAULT MONITOR selected, eventhough I put the following in my winnt.sif,

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

MsDosInitiated="0"

UnattendedInstall="Yes"

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemSkipEula=Yes

OemPreinstall=Yes

TargetPath=\WINDOWS

FileSystem=*

UnattendSwitch="yes"

DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset;Drivers\001_graphics;Drivers\002_monitor"

[GuiUnattended]

AdminPassword=*

EncryptedAdminPassword=NO

OEMSkipRegional=1

TimeZone=105

OemSkipWelcome=1

[Display]

AutoConfirm=1

BitsPerPel=32

Xresolution=1024

Yresolution=768

One thing I notice when I do a fresh install of windows XP is that I cannot install monitor drivers(*.inf, *.cat, *.icm)as long as my nvidia graphics card drivers are not installed. So firstly I have to install my graphics drivers(I have a geforce 7900GTX)and then and only then can I load my Philips Brilliance 202P4 monitor drivers.

So what do I do to fix this mess and install my nvidia drivers and monitor drivers before my RunOnceEx.cmd starts installing all my tools, cuz remember I need a resolution of 1024x768x32 or else my unattended install will fail(cuz of autoit scripts being written to match a 1024x768x32 resolution and not 640x480x32 default).

Any help would be vastly appreciated,

kind regards,

Slayer of all thats evil

Draconian

PS : Basically any method you guys have that will get my windows resolution on first boot on 1024x768x32 will fix all my problems, drivers or no drivers, all I need is that 1024x768 before runonceex.cmd starts running. I have added a rarfile containing my monitor drivers, so maybe someone will find a way.

THNX MUCHO GRANDE TO EVERYONE.......

Update : Some more info on the monitor,

monitorue5.jpg

monitor.rar

Edited by Draconian

Well what I mean is, the scripts I made on my current windows are not working for my unattended windows, this because my unattended windows boots up in the wrong resolution:(

PS : That page you refer to only talks about the installscreen while windows is installing, what I need is to change my desktop resolution to 1024x768 and this before windows starts executing the imported runonceex commands.

Update : Someone just confirmed what I had already figured before,

System-Supplied Device Setup Classes:

Monitor:

Class = Monitor

ClassGuid = {4d36e96e-e325-11ce-bfc1-08002be10318}

This class includes display monitors. An INF for a device of this class installs no device driver(s), but rather specifies the features of a particular monitor to be stored in the registry for use by drivers of video adapters. (Monitors are enumerated as the child devices of display adapters.)

So this then per defenition would mean that you would have to install your graphic drivers first, and you will also have to do this at T minus 12 of windows install. Question is can you just install a device like a graphics card driver with a few basic lines like,

C:\devcon install C:\Drivers\Nvidia\nv4_disp.inf PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0290&SUBSYS_22101682&REV_A1

above line in my T-minus 12 batchfiles?? Cuz I did type following command,

devcon hwids PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0290&SUBSYS_22101682&REV_A1\4&243D7BD0&0&0070

and no devices matched, then I typed this,

devcon hwids PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0290&SUBSYS_22101682&REV_A1

and then this came up,

hwidset9.jpg

so its a defenite single match, so in theory if I somehow got my nvidia device to install before my monitor then it would work?? Attached also the inf file for my nvidia drivers, they contain the same device id.

nv4_disp.inf

Edited by Draconian

All problems have been fixed, and it works now, I used my own method of doing this but it worked nonetheless:) Will use the guy from brazils post to adjust my windows install screen to my new resolution cuz that stays 640x480:)

Instead of using mouse clicks, you should take a look at the ControlClick() function in the help file of AutoItv3. Dialog box rendering is dependant of the screen resolution and font size. If the font is bigger, sometimes buttons are not at the exact same place. With ControlClick(), you just make sure the right control gets clicked. This way, your script is totally independant from the display resolution. You can also use Send() to send keyboard commands since you almost always can change the focused control with Tab and Shift-Tab. Just avoid using mouseclick when scripting installations...

Happy scripting... :D

First of all for the video resolution to be correct youy video/graphic card must be installed cia the pnp driver route.

Then there is a utility called videochanger takes command line switch in the form of 1024x768x32@75 which should be self explanatory. You can change it to your requirement. I run it from runonce before the application installation. It works flawlessly. Your monitor must support this setting for it to work.

Instead of using mouse clicks, you should take a look at the ControlClick() function in the help file of AutoItv3. Dialog box rendering is dependant of the screen resolution and font size. If the font is bigger, sometimes buttons are not at the exact same place. With ControlClick(), you just make sure the right control gets clicked. This way, your script is totally independant from the display resolution. You can also use Send() to send keyboard commands since you almost always can change the focused control with Tab and Shift-Tab. Just avoid using mouseclick when scripting installations...

Happy scripting... :D

Yeah I noticed that, I also notice that when you script mousemovements relative to the window sizes with mousecoord 0 that it sometimes doesn;t work proper. So yeah Controlclick is something I already use but sometimes even this doesn't work for certain programs hence I had no other option. But I'm getting the hang of it now.