Problems with network drivers

I am having problems on keeping my network drive connection avaiable after I restart my win 2003 server, this also happens when I logoff from the system.

I have a schedule that sends a system backup to this network drive every day and its not working because I always logoff from system.

It would be great if someone colud help me with this issue.

Tks,

Eduardo Nunes

SP - Brazil

I have a schedule that sends a system backup to this network drive every day and its not working because I always logoff from system.

umm...

1) On the remote system, create an account with write permissions. Create the same account and password on the local system if you haven't already done so.

2) On the remote system, create a share (if you haven't done so) and give this account write permission

3) On the local system that you are to backup, create a batch file that maps to the share using the account you created in step 1, and add in the backup using command-lines

4) Scheduled the task to login using this account in Step 1 and set it to run the batch file you just created

You can logoff and restart your system all you want. As long as you do not shutdown your local and remote system, the schedule task should login using the specified account, run the specified batch file, net use to the specified remote share, then finally run the specified backup

That's all.

Edited by iTwins