Some question about Windows Server 2003

sonnet

Hello guys,

I have some question for which I didn't find the answer on Microsoft website about windows server 2003.

My doubt are:

1)Windows server 2003 R2 ( that on Microsoft website seems to be the latest version) is 32bit and 64bit or only 64bit?

2)How much Ram memory can support Windows server 2003 32bit?(I want know if support 4 module of 2gigabyte each,so I have 8 gigabyte of memory).On microsoft website says 32 gigabyte but I believe is referred to the 64bit version

3)I would like to try the software before,and on Microsoft website says I can download and use it for 6months trial period.I would like to know what happen on the expiring date if I want purchase the software?The will send me the cs with serial and I have to reinstall it,or they will give me a serial and is just that?There's an online registration?

Edited by sonnet

1 - Windows 2003 R2 was released for x86 (32bit) and x64 (64bit), but not Itanium (IA64).

2 - Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition and Datacenter Edition can utilize more than 4GB of RAM with the /PAE switch in the boot.ini file, as can Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition x64. Windows 2003 Standard Edition (32bit) cannot utilize more than 4GB of RAM.

3 - You will have to format the drive and reinstall the full version of the product, as the full product keys do not work on trial installs.

1 - Windows 2003 R2 was released for x86 (32bit) and x64 (64bit), but not Itanium (IA64).

2 - Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition and Datacenter Edition can utilize more than 4GB of RAM with the /PAE switch in the boot.ini file, as can Windows 2003 Enterprise Edition x64. Windows 2003 Standard Edition (32bit) cannot utilize more than 4GB of RAM.

3 - You will have to format the drive and reinstall the full version of the product, as the full product keys do not work on trial installs.

Thanks for your answer.

I have another last question about Windows Server 2003 R2. I downloaded the trial version and is composed of 2 cd.One of 560mb and another one on 120mb.For what I understood on the second cd there are addons,so as I don't want to burn even the second cd I want to ask if it is necessary during the installation or I can avoid to use it.

Thanks for your answer.

I have another last question about Windows Server 2003 R2. I downloaded the trial version and is composed of 2 cd.One of 560mb and another one on 120mb.For what I understood on the second cd there are addons,so as I don't want to burn even the second cd I want to ask if it is necessary during the installation or I can avoid to use it.

you can copy the contents of both CDs to a single folder and burn that together, you still will be prompted to install the R2 components once the install completes but it will not need the second CD, and if you install with a R2 compatible Key it will not prompt you for a key the second time

Thanks for your answer.

you can copy the contents of both CDs to a single folder and burn that together, you still will be prompted to install the R2 components once the install completes but it will not need the second CD, and if you install with a R2 compatible Key it will not prompt you for a key the second time

Thank you very much for the help guys! :thumbup