Added drivers but don't know it it worked?

Draconian

I followed the guide on how to slipstream SATA/AHCI/RAID drivers to a windows install and I was testing this in a virtualPC environment. So the directory I have my drivers in is,

D:\xpcd\$OEM$\$1\Drivers\000_chipset

Things I added to TXTSETUP.SIF under their respective headings are,

[sourceDisksFiles]

iaStor.sys = 100,,,,,,3_,4,1,,,1,4

[HardwareIdsDatabase]

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2822&CC_0104 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2821&CC_0106 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2682&CC_0104 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2681&CC_0106 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C3&CC_0104 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C6&CC_0104 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C1&CC_0106 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_27C5&CC_0106 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0104 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2652&CC_0106 = "iaStor"

PCI\VEN_8086&DEV_2653&CC_0106 = "iaStor"

[sCSI.Load]

iaStor = iaStor.sys,4

[sCSI]

iaStor = "Intel® ICH8R/DO/DH Don't matter what you fill in here BLABLA CUSTOM SATA/RAID DRIVERS"

I also edited WINNT.SIF to contain amongst others these lines,

[Data]

AutoPartition=0

[unattended]

UnattendMode=FullUnattended

OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\000_chipset"

OemPreinstall=Yes

FileSystem=*

I also placed a compressed iastor.sy_ in my d:\xpcd\I386 folder using makecab. Now when I boot from my new windows image virtualPC boots just fine with no warnings. And when windows is installed and I go to my C:\ I can see a folder there called drivers which has all these intel ahci\raid drivers. I can also see my drivers being loaded during the F6 setup of windows. I can see it stating the contents of that one line I wrote, below on windows setup it will say,

SETUP IS NOW LOADING "Intel® ICH8R/DO/DH Don't matter what you fill in here BLABLA CUSTOM SATA/RAID DRIVERS"

and all other drivers, so its defenitely being picked up, only problem is I don't know if I did it correctly. When I check my registry for the devicepath key it says following,

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\DevicePath: REG_EXPAND_SZ:%SystemRoot%\Inf;%SystemDrive%\Drivers\000_chipset

so there's even a reference there to that folder.

Question hence is, will my image work on a real life computer cuz I can't test it yet on a real PC since I haven't ordered all parts yet. Just want to have a working image to save me some install problems of loading drivers from a floppy disk that I don't have.

Oooh one more thing, when I check the contents of that folder on,

C:\Drivers\000_chipset

it has all the files listed with an addition of 1 new file called INFCACHE.1??? What is this doing here or is this normal?? Also is it normal that the files are nowhere to be found on the virtualpc windows install other then in that folder c:\Drivers\000_chipset?

Edited by Draconian