MCE install from Dell OS reinstation DVD

I would like to create a WXPMCE install DVD from my Dell Operating System Reinstallation DVD.

The i386 folder seems to contain some extra Dell junk, such as "!DELL_XP.CAB". Is it worth it to attempt removing any non windows sounding files, or would it be better to get an i386 folder from a P2P source.

There is also a $OEM$ folder on the root of the DVD, which contains a directory called "Bonus" and files such as "Bonus.Bat", and "NOTOUCH.EXE". Is the $OEM$ folder necessary for MCE to install properly.

I appreaciate any help.

P.S. I have read other posts, but nothing seems to relate directly to a Dell OS Reinstallation DVD.

>I would like to create a WXPMCE install DVD from my Dell Operating System Reinstallation DVD.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=63258

>Is the $OEM$ folder necessary for MCE to install properly.

Yes and no. You need it for the disk you're looking at because they have been integrated but you don't need it if you build a new disk and put your own driverpacks on it.

http://www.driverpacks.net/

If Dell has provided you a real Windows install CD and not a crappy restore disk then you won't gain much by making your own.

If Dell has provided you a real Windows install CD and not a crappy restore disk then you won't gain much by making your own.

Computers that are Built to Order usually come with a Windows Install CD. It is cost prohibitave to master a Restore CD and have an Authorized Replicator cut dies and press a CD for a single system. (It would cost more to make the CD than the computer is worth.)

Computers that are Ready to Ship usually come with a Restore CD.

Dell CDs are slightly customized Install CDs.