Sony VAIO FE(21M) Unattended Installation, some stuff not working...

After buying my new laptop, I wanted to have an Unattended CD for that one too, but when I looked a bit around in the files, I noticed it would be quite a lot more work than my old laptop and my desktop...

I have a Sony VAIO FE(21M, Europe) and it seems that it has quite a lot apps to be installed.

After some searching around I found this link:

http://forum.notebookreview.com/showpost.p...mp;postcount=17

It helped me quite a bit in some stuff. But I still have some problems. I've been able to fix some of them by testing out a lot of stuff (did for about 15formats last week...)

I was able to make the FN and Shortcut keys to work, but I'm not able to set them, in example if I press S1, a balloon pops with the question if I want to set it, and if yes, I have to click on the balloon. Normally it than should start an app where I can set the S keys etc. but I get an error saying "The Application can't be started", There isn't any more information... I get the same error if I press "Fn + F7" to set the video output, when I want to start the setup utility to change the autoconnect settings for TV Out....

The applications I have installed:

- Sony_Shared_Library

- SonyUtils_DLL

- Setting_Utility_Series

- Camera_Utility

- Event_Services

- Wireless_Switch_Setting_Utility

Not installed applications:

- Battery Checker

- Power Management

- LAN Setting Utility

- Sony MP4 Shared Library

- Sony Video Shared Library

- VAIO Update

- Wireless LAN Starter

- VAIO Control Center (tested it WITH this app, but it didn't make any difference...)

Hopefully somebody can help me !

Also, if somebody knows where all those applications are used for, this might be quite helpfull ;) (I'm talking about Sony_Shared_Library, SonyUtils_DLL, Setting_Utility_Series, Battery Checker (is it neccesary to install this ?), Sony MP4 Shared Library and Sony Video Shared Library)

Thx in advance!

Jeroen.

Edited by Jeroeneke

I found out where those programs are needed for:

- Sony_Shared_Library: This gives your VAIO the ability to know who he is and controlls things like fans, and other important hardware - ESSENTIAL.

- SonyUtils_DLL: This is for the FN keys and any other Sony related peripherals.

- Setting_Utility_Series: Sets brightness contrast etc.

- Battery Checker (is it neccesary to install this ?): This checks your battery is an official Sony battery and - maintains it's cycles and checks it's properties. Not really essential.

- Sony MP4 Shared Library: MP4 video capabilities in VAIO Zone

- Sony Video Shared Library: More codec support for VAIO Zone

though, my problem still isn't fixed...

• 2 weeks later...

I was able to fix the S-buttons, by installing an older version of the 'Event Services'... You can update to the latest version after that....

only thing that is not working right now, is the Webcam tool... Hopefully somebody can help me with that... If I find the solution myself, I will post it here ;)