OEMPreinstall=Yes & RAID?

amirali_esh

Hi all,

When I have OEMPreinstall=Yes then I am unable to install my RAID driver by using F6 key. Setup detects my RAID driver but when it wants to copy files it doesn't read from floppy and expects to find it on CDROM. Textmode directory in $OEM$ doesn't work too, I guess it's because my drivers are not WHQL'd. Any suggestions?

yes:

make sure in your winnt.sif you have this.

[Unattended]
DriverSigningPolicy=Ignore
OemPnPDriversPath="Drivers\radeon-cat3_6\2KXP_INF;Drivers\radeon-cat3_6\TV_Capture\WDM_XP;
Drivers\nforce;Drivers\nforce\AudioDRV;Drivers\nforce\AudioUtl;Drivers\nforce\Display;Drivers\nforce\Ethernet;
Drivers\nforce\GART;Drivers\nforce\IDE;Drivers\nforce\MemCtl;Drivers\nforce\SMBus;Drivers\nforce\USB;
Drivers\Promise_sata;Drivers\SI_rdvr;Drivers\hpt372;Drivers\4in1442v;Drivers\4in1442v\AGP;Drivers\4in1442v\AGP33;
Drivers\4in1442v\AgpME;Drivers\4in1442v\IDEWinXP;Drivers\4in1442v\Inf;Drivers\4in1442v\IRQ;Drivers\4in1442v\Pfd;
Drivers\4in1442v\WinXP;Drivers\VIA-VT6103;Drivers\wdm;Drivers\wdm\wdm;"

the driver sign policy will allow you to use non whql drivers.

Also note above that you will need to make sure that you have added your driver path to your hard drive drivers as it is above. The oempnpdriverpath has been shortened by me but it should all be on one line in you winnt.sif

next you need to ue your txtsetup.sif.

here is a good guide to that.

http://www.nforcershq.com/forum/viewtopic....08db43192ae9bb5

naw it workks wiht most of them accept for highpoint, promise, and silicone image. If id does not work with the one you want to use then yes this method will anable it to work but allot of them are already supported.

What do you expect from a second rate os. It's not like it supports this stuff like linux does out of the box.