WinPE 2.0 and Optiplex GX260 Nic Drivers

Nas001

Has anyone had any luck integrating the Optiplex GX260 Nic drivers into PE 2.0? I've tried to add them using drvload.exe (online) and peimg.exe (offline) with no success. I have tried the drivers that originally shipped with the GX260 as well as newer drivers from both Dell and Intel's websites. I have copied the files manually to their respective diretories (.inf --> %windir%\inf, etc..) Still nada.

I currently don't have access to an older version of PE, but I have a call into our Microsoft rep to see how I can get the previous version.

Any help with 2.0 would be greatly appreciated. Thanx!

Did u actually obtain drivers specific for Vista to Dell GX260?

No. Are vista specific drivers available at this point? I've installed vista manually and I was able to use XP drivers on the machines I tested with, however, the GX260 wasn't one of the models I tested. I guess I'll try that next.

Vista already has drivers for the Intel Pro/100 and Pro/1000 cards for 260/270's, and also has drivers for the Broadcom B57 nics found in the 280's and 620's.

Sounds like maybe it's a different issue; how are you booting this PE image? Over PXE, with a cdrom, from the harddrive, from a USB device?

I have booted from CD and USB Hard drive, with the same results. Chknic.exe reports no nic found or installed. Devcon reports no network adapters installed. If I try to map a network drive, it tells me the workstation service is not started. Starting the workstation service doesn't help. IPconfig reports nothing at all.

However, the B57 drivers do work on my D620's and GX520's. :)

• 3 years later...

Have you used the following command within winpe?

wpeutil initializenetwork

If your drivers are loaded using drvload or injected with peimg, i recently found,

you have to type this command for your network to function.

Edited by Cgman