Start menu Icon

Daedlus

Hi there,

I currently run a Vista theme in XP, and I always use the double wide start bar. Problem is that the orb gets cut off at the bottom. Normally this looks ok, but when you double up the start bar, it looks out of place.

I have already downloaded reshack and changed out the .bmp to a full orb, but now I need to know where I can change the width of the icon. I am assuming that its in the msstyles, but I dont know what value to change.

Anyone sucessfully done this? I have searched and found no solutions, and google was not much help either.

Thanks in advance.

JD

PIC!

Edited by Daedlus

i think its a limitation of the theming engine in windows XP. even the top of the button gets cut off, in vista, the little ball is perfectly round. in XP with the vista look, it gets cut off on the bottom and top. the best someone can do, is resize the image and put it back in then youll have the full ball in there, but it would be somewhat smaller.

ill see what i can do with reshack and the vista theme. might be able to change it for ya ;)

the best someone can do, is resize the image

How come the answer you can never find is always the easiest... man I feel stupid. well here is the outcome:

New PIC

Thanks for your help and your offer, If you can do better, please post your results

Thanks again,

JD