[Help] Proper way to remove drivers

JASpurrier3

OK, here is my problem. I have decompressed ALL of the Windows XP SP2 INF files. I have removed them according to what I want to keep.

In a nut shell, I have kept 240 files from the 809 files. They are basically the settings INFs like accessor.inf, all of the services, and All of the generic drivers. This process took me about 4 hours because I looked through every inf file.

I would like to know the best way to go through all of the removed inf files and remove their corresponding drivers from Driver.cab. I am trying to write a program in C# to automate this process, but I am having trouble finding all of the files inside of the INFs.

I am willing to spend time on this, I would just like to know the most efficient and secure way to remove all unneeded drivers with no left over files. When I install Windows, I manually install and update every driver myself so I have no need for the drivers.

I would also like to know if anyone has a CORE file list with the inf files and the files in Driver.cab that are not drivers. I would like to keep all components, services, and settings the same.

Does the file corelist.inf have anything to do with safemode?

I would greatly appreciate any help I can get on this. I am a perfectionist and I would like to remove all of the file without the use of nLite. I have used nLite, but I prefer to do this myself and without all of the nLite customizations.

Thanks again,

Joe