A few questions...

I have a few questions to ask, but first and foremost, bravo on those who found and successfully edited the gui setup pictures. That was something I was going to attempt, but wasn't too sure...now I KNOW I will be doing it, once again, BRAVO and thank you! :D

Ok, I am using virtualpc, and I've ran into a couple problems:

1. The setup creates my user Joe, and logs in. The profile name is Joe, but under documents and settings it's called joe.anthrax (anthrax being the name of the computer) When I go and burn the CD and do the setup on an actual PC, will the name as well as the documents and settings profile be "Joe" without quotes of course.

2. I have the folder $DOCS under the OEM folder. I have it so my favorites get copied into the "Joe" account...refer to problem one. It makes a Joe folder and moves my favorites in there...great, but my Joe account under documents and settings is named joe.anthrax....refer to problem one

3. I had 4 batch files for my setup:

main_batch.cmd = Installed .net framework,wmp9, aspi drivers,directx9.0b, and flash player, reg hacks

applcations.cmd = Installed about 10 different apps

hotfixes.cmd = Installed my hotfixes :D

cracks.cmd = Registered my programs, and copied over hacked .dlls

cleanup.cmd = removed things from the desktop, startmenu, deleted unused user accounts, backgrounds, removed install and driver directories.

The problem is, after main_batch has finished, it starts the applications, gets about half way, then starts up the hotfixes batch, after hotfixes is done, regardless of applications, cracks, then cleanup batch files are executed. I figured I had one too many batch files, so I merged all, but cleanup. I of course rearranged the newly main_batch.cmd file so it does the main_batch, then applies hotfixes, then the applications, then the cracks. Then my second, cleanup.cmd file would executed. I thought that 2 would work, I of course had to go somewhere, so I let it go. When I got home, about half the apps were installed, none of the hotfixes were installed, and cleanup only removed the install folder, not my drivers folder.

So my question is:

How many batch files could you run? I mean in order...once main has finished, then start cracks, then start appz, etc etc etc. Also, does it matter how many entries you have in the batch file?

I deleted all of the batch files, and re-wrote them, making sure all of the directories matched up and everything looked good. In my winnt.sif file, I only placed the main_batch and cleanup cmd files. I made an ISO and continued to do a virtualpc install...everything worked just fine, EXCEPT that it did not remove my drivers folder, AGAIN. Not a big deal, but it would be nice to do it automatically. It seems to delete my install folder just fine, and I am using the exact same commands, RD blah blah blah...I'll just try drivers first, then put install under it. I am going to re-write my hotfixes.cmd file and then add that to my winnt.sif file, see how that goes, then onto applications, etc etc etc. :)

Once again...longass post, could anyone give me some pointers or tell me what's up? :rolleyes:

My drivers directory refuses to be removed too, but I'm not really fussed about it.

There doesn't seem to be a limit on how many batch files you can have, or the commands you have in them. But its unusual that another batch is executed when the previous hasn't finished (my Nero installation forced the next batch to execute and killed off my applications batch, strangely enough!).

So, when you said half of the apps were installed and none of the hotfixes installed, this is probably because of two setup processes running at the same time from 2 batch files causing a conflict. Next time, put all 5 of your batch files into one.

Someone else will have to help you with 1. and 2.

Well, I figured as much :rolleyes: It was just weird and kinda bothered me, but

knock on wood

so far things are going good. I went back and re-wrote the main batch, the hotfixes, and cleanup batch files. The main batch does what it needs to do , then the hotfixes kicks in, and then the cleanup...drivers folder is still there. You're right, it's not something to really fuss over, but I was wondering why exactly the line above it executes and removes the install directory, but not drivers, once again...not a big deal, boohoo. Thx for the reply, I'm currently doing my applications batch file, as I think I may have screwed something up in that one. :)