slipstreaming sata drivers

moydock

I'm trying to get my sata drivers on my windows xp cd because my floppy drive is broken... I've followed the guide here and i'm getting Line 21027 of the INF file \i386\txtsetup.sif is invalid when I try to boot from cd. That line is:

[sCSI]

si3112r = "Sata Driver"

In trying to figure out what I did wrong I found that there are more than 1 [sourceDisksFiles] in txtsetup.sif, do i have to put that entry under all of the [sourceDisksFiles] or just the top one or what? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks much.

Hi. I know this goes against the 'normal' method of doing this, but it worked for me so thought I'd post it.

I don't know if using this process messes up the installs for other programs/drivers, but I used nLite to slipstream the SATA/RAID drivers into my XP setup and it worked fine. nLite does create an $OEM$ folder, which indicates it should work fine and co-exist with the rest of your setup.

Go into nLite, select the Integrate Drivers option, select insert then Multiple Files, point to the folder containing your drivers, OK, then select the drivers for your Operating system (mine were the VIA drivers, I actually only had the option for Server 2003 drivers but these worked fine). nLite then automatically selects the TEXTMODE setup parameters, select Next, then Yes to apply changes.

I would suggest you use the latest drivers for the chipset that your SATA controller is based on. i found thatthe motherboard drivers for the controller tend to be out of date, and mine just didn't work at all. I have a VIA chipset, so used VIA drivers. If you have an SIS chipset, use SIS drivers straight from SIS.

Hope this works, and I apologise if I've upset the apple cart with this method.

Hussein.