Need help - URGENT

playsafe

un-intentionally i made a mistake. Here it is..

In the following senario I talk about two systems.

1. Original system with actual data.

2. Second system whose hard disk was used for copying data onto it.

In a system already working, i put second disk and CUT-PASTE data onto the second disk from system's original disk.

On original system disk i removed all the partitions and tried to format during installation of XP, but every time at the completion of format, it gave disk error.

So, all data was on second disk. At that time i had to prepare a system for one user. I put the same disk containing data into another system and repartitioned and formatted the drive to make a clean installation. Now all my data is lost.

Is there anyway that i can recover that data. Personally I have left hope of getting it back.

If u formatted w/FAT32 or just FAT and it was a "Format with FAT (quick), not a full format, take it to a pc repair shop and they'll do it. Don't use ur hdd til someone sees it. Any disk write activity would make the data unrecoverable.

Edited by T D

If u formatted w/FAT32 or just FAT and it was a "Format with FAT (quick), not a full format, take it to a pc repair shop and they'll do it. Don't use ur hdd til someone sees it. Any disk write activity would make the data unrecoverable.

I formatted it with NTFS, not a quick but FULL FORMAT :} .

This evening I have tried Hiren's Data Recovery CD. I tried the partition recovery option, Well it has shown me the exact partition and Data in it. Then I went for recovery in it. When I rebooted to see the contents, there was partition there with same name and size but no data in it. I think now as i have recovered partition next step would be data recovery in it. I will check it tommorow morning.

Edited by playsafe