So Really, How often do you install?

03GrandAmGT

Recently we had a poll regarding "How often do you reinstall" started by spacesurfer.

Well all I can say is GHOST D**n is GREAT!!!! :thumbup:thumbup:thumbup I just updated some programs and what I did was the following.

1. Recall the image from july 2006. Named 072006A (July 20, 06 RevA)

2. Rebooted

3. Installed the updates.

4. Rebooted

5. Create new image Aug 2006. Named 080606A (Aug. 6, 06 RevA)

6. Rebooted

7. Here I am.

NOTE: The REV A lets me know if 6 months later whether I installed additional software within the same day. Which there will be a text file in root of system drive and comments in the comments box of Ghost and Rev will change from A to B..

All of this within a half hour. This is backing up using Ghost 2003 over my little 10/100 home network. Granted alot of the big ticket holder items are located on the network for applications. But I think this is a pretty decent time for recalling an image, rebooting, install updates, re-image, and reboot for a grand total of 5.7 gigs. Been a LONG time user of Ghost, and have tried Acronis which is real nice but backs up slower over network. At least with me. So how often do you want to re-install everything, just to set all day with having to reinstall.

How often do you reinstall?

Found here.

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=77498

jd