Extract driver.cab to get *.inf files

sitdown

Hi there, first day on this forum :)

I'm trying to build a bartpe with XPE plugin, to get it to work on most systems i have to extract inf files from driver.cab and SP2.cab.

I have tried numerouse ways to extract driver.cab, but it only shows other files when extracted.. (no *.inf or *.in_)

Tried with different zip software and these dos commands:

- EXPAND DRIVER.CAB [-F:*.in_] C:\sl ( This unpacked files to c:sl\ , but no inf..)

- C:\sl\1>expand -r "[X:\XP\XPP-RE-EN-SP2-ORG\I386]*.in_" ["C:\sl"] ( get the fault message: Can't open input file : [c:\sl]

Here is the bartxpe howto that explains how to do this: http://xpe.collewijn.info/index.php

Theire expand command is: expand -r "[xp\i386 path\]*.in_" ["XPE plugin\inf sub folder path"]

Why can't i find any inf files, remember i was able to do this last time i tried this..

Thomas

There are no inf files in driver.cab. They are on your XP CD in i386\*.in_. You extract the *.sys and *.dll files from driver.cab and overwrite with *.sys and *.dll from sp2.cab. You copy the files named i386\*.in_ to the inf subdirectory of your XPE plugin. Run expand on the copied *.in_ files

Note the [..] in the instructions you reference means the parameter is optional not that you should include them in your typed parameters. So you don't specify ["c:\sl"] but "c:\sl". Directory c:\sl must exist and specifies the output directory of the expand. At the command line type:

expand /?

to find the expand parameters.

Edited by Paraglider