Deploying Windows Fundamentals

truth

How many others besides myself will be deploying Windows Fundamentals in their Network?

I am a Junior System Admin. in charge of End-User Support, Update Deployments & System Maintenance for about 40+ ThinClient Users, Currently using Domain Contolled Windows XP SP2 on Legacy Machines w/ lockdown scripts to emulate a ThinClient enviroment with only access to Remote Desktop w/ no User Rights to install or run any other Apps.

I am currently Deploying Windows Fundamentals with a Custom LockDown Script loaded on each machine manually after a Fresh install. . . (which takes less than a minute to apply)

As far as Updates go, i will be manually downloading them from Microsoft then deploy them under a time frame throughout the year via Manual Installation using a Silent Batch Script Install. (hopefully the Updates wont add too much overhead for Client Resources, as the OS Currently only Consumes about 30-40MB of System Ram)

I've read reviews about it, and how Microsoft might of used NLite to Create this Tiny XP Version, Could very much be true. . .but non the less its defently worth it if your looking to save your company/bussiness some money and have a bunch of Old Dells or Gateways Sitting in Storage.