AutoRIS Help

Im running into a problem with AutoRIS and was hoping someone could help me....

I keep getting:

AutoRIS is configured to intergrate the BTS Packs but is unable to locate the working directory.

Ive tried on various hard-drives, and various paths, both inside AutoRis, in the root of the drive, and in the path specified in the AutoRis inf.

Ive tried with many changes made to the setups and also with no changes.

No matter what i do, i always get the same error. Im using the latest version of BTS Base, 6.061 and think this may be the issue. However i cant find any old versions, pre 6.05 all of which have the new gui.

Can anyone help, or mail me the older BASE executable so i can try this?

Im in a bit of rush needing to set things up for friday, but as i allready have a RIS server set up, im sure i can do all the drivers and stuff again like i usually do - Really wanted to get this working though.

B

Heh heh well ive decided to go with AutoImage anyways, as per your suggestion.

The only reason i was going to use AutoRIS was because of the docs. Seems to be very little with AutoImage (i know you are too busy getting stuff working!)

Well its compiling atm, and ill connect in here later tonight and try an install.

However there are two questions i wanted to ask.

I want to add two things after the install - Office 2003 and work.reg file

Ive used RIS a lot in the past, but never imagined it was so functional as what you guys have done. So whats the best way for me to incorporate these two things post install? I have the office MPT file done (unansered setup.exe switch ona network drive)

Also i happened accross WPI today, and there are a few things id like to add such as Sophos AV Enterprise Installer. Is WPI easy to add?

I understand the majority of these questions are stupid, and have been answered, or should be common sense, but ive trawled these forums for the last two days and there is so much stuff here that not only will i put my hand up and say ive probably confused the f*** out of myself with the various different apps i was reading about, installer, addins, addons, integrators. Not only am i confused, my eyes are bleeding!

Thanx for everything

B

You know I haven't had the opportunity to play with WPI yet, however in the RyanVM Integrator V1.4, there is a WPI plugin and I did implement support for that. As I stated I have not played with WPI yet, so I really can't vouch for how well everything will go.

As far as Office goes, if you're doing RIS then you're probably in a domain. Which means you'd likely be better off using Group Policy or if you're lucky enough to have it, use SMS.

• 2 weeks later...
I want to add two things after the install - Office 2003 and work.reg file
I have the office MPT file done (unansered setup.exe switch ona network drive)

Like RogueSpear says, Group Policy is the easiest way to do it. It'll save you so much hassle and doesnt take long to setup either. I think you mean MST file and you can use that when adding it to the group policy object :)

Regards

Nath.