Temp folder permissions

Hi Everybody...

does anybody knows if %systemroot%\temp is writable during setup?

some month ago i made my first winXP unattended cd using nlite 1.0RC3 and i choose to use a single tempdir

for all users

i repackaged some drivers & software with winrar as silent installer, and i used to launch them using

cmdlines.txt and everything went fine. infact every exe archive decompress itself into %systemroot%\temp..

yesterday i made my second winxp unattended cd using nlite final but it seems that %systemroot%\temp

is read-only and %temp% is not set..

Is that possible?

shall i change folder or what?

may i use cacls?

thank you...

Why dont you just use the $OEM$ folder on you're xp cd to get you're stuff installed from.. Like this: $OEM$\$1\install Every thing in that $OEM$\$1\install folder will be copyed to harddrive. Than let a runonce.bat run from cmdlines and have the stuf on you're harddrive installed. Run cleanup.bat than last.

Why dont you just use the $OEM$ folder on you're xp cd to get you're stuff installed from.. Like this: $OEM$\$1\install Every thing in that $OEM$\$1\install folder will be copyed to harddrive. Than let a runonce.bat run from cmdlines and have the stuf on you're harddrive installed. Run cleanup.bat than last.

i just want to install software from cd,

it was my fault...

the problem is winrar not windows...

thank you :)