Way to show how much page file a single process is using?

signal64

I'm in a bit of a heated discussion in regards to how a particular app is utilizing memory.

I've been able to use Sysinternals Process Explorer to see a good chunk of info, but the problem is I can't find anything to show how much of the page file a particular process is using.

I've also tried XTM but it still doesn't show this info.

Is there anything out there that will show this?

Example:

Page File Usage = 350MB

How much (if any) of that belongs to a single process?

Thanks

You can use perfmon to look at the Process > Page File Bytes counter for a process to see how much of the paging file, in bytes, a particular process is using. Note that the numbers in task manager and perfmon (or any other tool, for that matter) aren't entirely correct, because they'll include portions of memory that are listed as "paged", but are actually still in memory (just ready to be paged out as memory load increases). You can see some of this in the Process > Working Set counter for a process, but again, it's not entirely accurate.

For the purposes of your test, the Page File Bytes counter should be close enough to accurate, however.

Thank you, perfrmon does help out quite a bit.

Page File Bytes Total and Page File Bytes by this particular process looks like they will be good enough.

An issue I'm having is trying to scale in the Physical Memory Avail (2Gig installed, 1.7 after boot, and 1.2 after application loads).

It would be perfect if the counter was a percentage as the current total doesn't scale very weill with those numbers.

No way to change that I suppose?

Thanks

Edited by signal64