Installrite 2.5

dhedges

I removed support for 16 bit applications and now I can't run Installrite 2.5.

Is my only option to make another WinXP and leave the support for 16 bit applications, or is there another solution ?

Thanks

Dhedges

command.com is a 16 bit app so no good if you open a .bat file.

If 16 bit app removal would save 222mb or something on your source, remove it. But it is kind of essential. It's only about 500kb.

This falls under the category of "if it ain't broke don't fix it".

One of the reasons Windows has the market share it does is compatibility, you really don't want to make it less compatible without good cause.

Many programs don't need to be efficient or make full use of the hardware they are running on, they just need to work correctly. So there is a more 16 bit stuff lingering arround than most people would guess.

I should have known better than to check the "remove support" option for 16 bit applications as I had a problem once before trying to get my Samsung printer to work. Even though it is only a year old it requires a Wow32.dll file which is removed with 16 bit support. After finding the solution to that problem on the forums, I kind of figured I wouldn't be installing any older programs that would require 16 bit support so when I made my latest WinXP CD I checked the option again. It is a gamble to remove many of the components with Nlite unless you read every post of "what not to remove" and even that's not 100%. That being said I will continue to experiment and have some fun but not with that option. I want to also say I almost never have problems with my nlited WinXP and I would like to thank all who reply to my post's when I do.

dhedges