Quicktime and Sun Java not installing in RunOnce

Hi Everyone!

I've been charged by my system admin with the task of figuring out why Quicktime and Sun Java aren't being install via RunOnce.cmd and I'm stumped.

So...here's the dirty details:

-Windows XP sp1

-Using winnt.sif to setup environment (GUIRunOnce) and then runonce.cmd to install applications

-Quicktime 6.5.1

-Sun Java JRE 1.5.0.07

Command being used in runonce.cmd:

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 2 /D "\\<server>\<share>\Apple\iTunesSetup.exe /s /v"SILENT_INSTALL=1 ALLUSERS=1 /qb"" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\025 /V 2 /D "\\<server>\<share>\SunJava\jre-1_5_0_07-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v"/qn IEXPLORER=1 ADDLOCAL=ALL UPDATE=1 /L C:\jre.log"" /f

The commands run fine (start > Run) after Windows XP builds, so I'm sure it's not a security/permissions problem.

And both Quicktime and Java installed fine before we upgraded versions (apparently they changed around the switches with the newer releases of QT and Java).

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

Well, I know there are several ways to to do this...but I use the following in my RunOnceEx file:

REG ADD %KEY%\060 /V 3 /D "%SystemDrive%\Install\Applications\jre150_u5.exe /s /v\"/qb ADDLOCAL=jrecore IEXPLORER=1 reboot=Suppress reboot=ReallySuppress JAVAUPDATE=0 INSTALLDIR=e:\Progra~1\java\jre\"" /f

This allows me to just download direct from Sun (no offense RyanVM - you do excellent things for us!), block rebooting (never could figure out which of those two reboot commands really works - have seen both), prevent immediate updating, and choose the install directory.

Note - don't forget all the quotes! Also, keep in mind that you can't use Strings when choosing the install directory (e.g. %Program Files%)

Hope that helps.... :)

Ran

• 2 weeks later...

:angry:

Hi all.

I use this as a "unatended silent super installer". Most of the details are in this page, I just put them together. This works for admin and non-admin users too. Enjoy!!

C:\temp\java\jre-1_5_0_04-windows-i586-p.exe /S /v"IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 JAVAUPDATE=0 AgreeToLicense=1 EULA=1 /QN"

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This performs an automated installation where the uncompress action is not displayed, but the installation process is displayed without the ability to cancel. BTW, the Mozilla parameter does not seem to work for me. Enjoy!

jre150_05.exe /S /V"/qb! IEXPLORER=1 MOZILLA=1 REBOOT=Suppress WEBSTARTICON=0 JAVAUPDATE=0 SYSTRAY=0"

As for the Quicktime, why don't you try downloading the latest version which is 7.1, you can get the standalone version from the following site: http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/standalone.html

While you wait for the download you should view this site: http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/comic.php. it has some great comics.

Cheers!

@Kelsenellenelvian

From what I see in your post he just needs to escape the quotes, correct? like this:

...jre-1_5_0_07-windows-i586-p.exe /s /v\"/qn... and ...C:\jre.log\"" /f

Or did I miss something else?