adding a windows 98 computer to nt4

fastedu

Hi

Im in a reall fix, I can't seem to add a windows 98 computer to be authenticated by an nt4 server. It asks and requires a passwoed for \\server\IPC$, no password work. The computer was up gradred in hardware and i replaced the former seting for network, tcp/ip. I'm not sure if I have to delete any old accounts or records of the nt4 server to add the new and beefed up computer. This I hope is not too insulting a question for the experienced. Its been a long time scince I have done this and I remember something about an Item: SID that has to be remade, but for the life of me I can't remember how. Please if anyone can give me any tips on the matter I be most greatfull. Also I can see the server on the network neighbourhood, and access the other Windows 98 machines but can't seem or access the shares on the server. This might just be a simple thing but for me its a mountain. Thankyou for reading my problem.

N.B If my post is a bit of a mess it because its the first time I am doing a forum.

umm i found that to get nt4 to talk to 98 that i needed to have the same usernames on both computers so that the only password that you would have to use to access the nt box from 98 was the user password.

on a side not this is probably the wrong spot to post this topic