vista drivers

dolls

Hello,

I have installed vista 5385 on a primary partition dual boot with winxp, except for some interesting bsod install was not bad, however my ethernet driver will not load, vista has found and identified and indicates that a driver was installed, but also reports no network or nic, winxp is still working with internet etc. any one else have this problem and hopefully a workaround; the eternet is sIs 900 based fast enternet on my asus p4s8x-x

also ati beta drivers for radeon 1600 will not install properly (catalyst) again if any one has a work around

thanks

Double bummer! Thought ATI was all over this Vista OS. Is your ATI card showing up in device manager or is it just the catalyst sofware that won't install? You can try an old tried but true technique--remove current display device and/or install standard VGA driver, re-boot system, when OS finds new hardware, direct it to your previous catalyst installation drivers location, see if Vista will install the driver without having to install Catalyst. This will at least give you card performance functionality but you'd have to use display properties to adjust settings. If this works maybe catalyst might install afterwards. Worth a try. Not sure about your NIC issue. Have you tried pinging your pc from another location or can you ping other IP's. I'd start with the IP and go from there.

Double bummer! Thought ATI was all over this Vista OS. Is your ATI card showing up in device manager or is it just the catalyst sofware that won't install? You can try an old tried but true technique--remove current display device and/or install standard VGA driver, re-boot system, when OS finds new hardware, direct it to your previous catalyst installation drivers location, see if Vista will install the driver without having to install Catalyst. This will at least give you card performance functionality but you'd have to use display properties to adjust settings. If this works maybe catalyst might install afterwards. Worth a try. Not sure about your NIC issue. Have you tried pinging your pc from another location or can you ping other IP's. I'd start with the IP and go from there.

I had the same issue with Vista 64 Bit. I ended up using the XP 64 bit drivers, because the so called "Vista Beta 64 bit" drivers on the ATI site never installed properly.

The other poster has the right idea, install the basic video drivers (Standard VGA), reboot, then when prompted for new hardware found, point Vista to the ATI folder where the XP 64 bit drivers are located (the extracted files, not the .exe file) and you will be gaming in no time :thumbup

The only thing that is keeping me from using Vista 64 more often is the fact that i was never able to load Daemon tools on it. Kept getting stupid errors.

Has anyone gotten this to work yet?

-s