OfficeXP Command Line Help Required

I'm not quite sure how to place the command line into officexp to get it working correctly. I'm pretty sure it goes in the Autorun.inf as shown below, but i'm not sure how to correctly modify it. The fact that the setuppro.exe is mentioned numerous times has somewhat thrown me. As this Office disc I am making is NOT intended to be part of a WinXP unattended installation, I am hoping someone can fill in the gap for me.

[autorun]

OPEN=setuppro.exe /AUTORUN

ICON=setuppro.exe,1

shell\configure=&Configure...

shell\configure\command=setuppro.exe

shell\install=&Install...

shell\install\command=setuppro.exe

setup.exe TRANSFORMS=E:\Unattended.MST /qb-

This is the command line I want to use. E is my CDROM drive letter. I just need to figure out how to insert it into the Office CD so that it will autorun with that, rather than just standard setup.exe. I'm sure it's probably going to be a very simple solution, but I'd like to get this right before I start burning.

My best guess would be:

[autorun]

OPEN=setuppro.exe /AUTORUN

As you can see the /AUTORUN switch, it should be able to accept other switches, like TRANSFORMS=E:\Unattended.MST /qb-

[autorun]

OPEN=setuppro.exe TRANSFORMS=E:\Unattended.MST /qb-

EDIT: You probably won't need the E:\ if Unattended.MST is in the same directory as the setup executable.

Thankyou for your quick response. I tried your suggestion and then a number of my own ideas, but unfortunately whenever I tested them, (I used the install command after right clicking autorun.inf) all I have had for my troubles is an error box with installation failed. It would appear that the only way I'll be able to create an unattended install for OfficeXP is to eventually buy a DVD recorder and make it part of a Windows Super disc.

That did sorted the little sucker out!!!

Thankyou very much for all your help. I was always convinced that the solution would end up being a simple one and you've happily proved it to be the case.

I really do appreciate the time you've taken to help me out.

• 4 weeks later...

What about this in \Files\Setup\Setup.ini

[MST]

; If a value is present, the MST section gives the full path to a transform to apply.

; Specify it in the form MST1=path to MST

; Remember to uncomment the value names.

;

;MST1=\\server\share\some transform.mst

MST1=\FILES\SETUP\OFFICEXP.MST