Installation Problems - BSOD

RyanC

When installing Windowsw Vista beta two, it copies the files, gives the grey loading bar, I then get the background picture before a BSOD "Machine Check Exception" about 5 seconds later.

I have tried both 64 and 32 bit versions, upgrading from windows XP (Does everything ok in windows but when it restarts and gets to the same place as booting from the dvd).

I'm tried removing everything possible attached to the computer and removing\disabling internal devices but with no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks

When installing Windowsw Vista beta two, it copies the files, gives the grey loading bar, I then get the background picture before a BSOD "Machine Check Exception" about 5 seconds later.

I have tried both 64 and 32 bit versions, upgrading from windows XP (Does everything ok in windows but when it restarts and gets to the same place as booting from the dvd).

I'm tried removing everything possible attached to the computer and removing\disabling internal devices but with no change.

Any ideas?

Thanks

That BSOD is usually because of the processor being overclocked too much. Are you overclocking your processor?

fizban2: 2gb of ram and a 7800GT

RJARRRPCGP: I had initially tested it overclocked (The processor is fully stable in the multitude of tests you can do) before trying it both under and normal clocked with the same results.

fizban2: 2gb of ram and a 7800GT

RJARRRPCGP: I had initially tested it overclocked (The processor is fully stable in the multitude of tests you can do) before trying it both under and normal clocked with the same results.

I dunno. Was it fine with other versions of Windows?