Vista Beta 2 RC1 Installation

Rajutati

Hello dear friend/s,

I have received an e-mail from the technews people of Microsoft saying that vista is open to public download and having read that so downloaded the vista from the internet for a long time and as it comes to no surprise to the readers that the more we look for something that more distant it goes. I hope the reader might guess at this point (problematic installations)

I am having problem with windows vista installation. I have downloaded the file today and when I clicked the button (in the download manager) to launch the file the "Record Now version 7.3 " has opened and asked me to insert a blank DVD-R and I have done it and the disc has been copied as an ISO image file. I also downloaded the vista program onto the D drive into a new folder called vista. When I go into my computer, the icon of the E drive (DVD driver) looks like an unrecognised program and if I go further and click on it, it says E:/ is not a valid Win32 application. If I open the folder it shows up all the contents including the set up. If I click set up icon, a small window opens saying that setup.exe cannot open.

Can somebody please help me. I hope somebody will reply.

Many Many thanks in advance.

Raju

What do you mean you copied the Vista program to D?

Have you burnt the disc correctly? You DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to DVD. You choose the option "Burn Image" or similar wording and then select the ISO.

If your disc has burnt correctly it will have a structure

ROOT

------boot

------docs

------efi

etc

Once you have your DVD, just insert it into your computer and install Vista by either following the onscreen instructions, but preferably, boot from the DVD. (Often you hold down the "C" key when you turn on your PC). That offers you the chance to clean install Vista.

What do you mean you copied the Vista program to D?

Have you burnt the disc correctly? You DO NOT burn the .iso file directly to DVD. You choose the option "Burn Image" or similar wording and then select the ISO.

If your disc has burnt correctly it will have a structure

ROOT

------boot

------docs

------efi

etc

Once you have your DVD, just insert it into your computer and install Vista by either following the onscreen instructions, but preferably, boot from the DVD. (Often you hold down the "C" key when you turn on your PC). That offers you the chance to clean install Vista.

Dear Mr. Biohead,

Thank you for your reply.

By "D" I meant that I copied the file onto the D drive in a new folder named vista. Even when I open the folder or the DVD-R I can see what you have asked me to see. I meant, I can see the folders boot, docs, efi, sources, support, upgrade and then icon autorun.inf; bootmgr and bootmgr.efi: internet explorer readme.htm; and setup.exe.. These are the things I can see in the DVD-R.

As I have told earlier that when I click on the setup.exe it shows the error message that E:/ setup.exe is not a valid Win32 application .

After reading I understand that I need to install by restarting the computer and and press C button. Am I right???

I am not a software person at all but have a great enthusiasm to try new things and thats the reason I am trying this. Any I am a biochemist by profession and so I hope you understand and help me.

Many thanks for your reply.

Raju