AIM Mail w/ Outlook 2003

Synomenon

Ok, I just setup Outlook 2003 w/ my AIM Mail account (IMAP service) and have a problem. When I created the account in Outlook, the only folder listed is the Inbox. When I access my AIM Mail account on the web though, I have more folders:

Inbox

Drafts

Sent

Spam

Trash

Saved Mail

How do I get Outlook to show these folders as well? I tried manually creating them, but Outlook just tells me this, "Unable to create the folder. Unable to create or navigate to the folder. You cannot create or navigate to subfolders of your Inbox when you have a non-empty Root Folder Path."

Also, I thought whenever you sync an IMAP account for the first time, it automatically makes changes in your email program to reflect all changes in your actual account online (folders, emails, etc.)?

In your Folder List pane (on the left hand side), right-click on the IMAP account and choose "IMAP Folders..."

At this point, you can do either one of the following:

1. Click the Query button. This will show all the folders available on the server. Highlight the ones you want to be visible to IMAP clients and click Subscribe. This will affect any IMAP client you use from anywhere on the Internet, not just Outlook and not just on your current PC.

2. Uncheck the checkbox labelled "When displaying hierarchy in Outlook, show only subscribed folders." This is near the bottom of the dialog. By unchecking this, Outlook will always show all the server folders, but this setting only affects Outlook on your current PC.