Program Campatibility problems...

Nakatomi2010

I want to convert my work machine from XP to Vista so I can get used to the interface, it's not a corporate machine, its built and maintained by me and it'll leave with me when I leave, since it was paid for by me.

Anyways... I use Norton Ghost to do drive backups through a USB hard drive connection, this version of Ghost comes bundled with Norton Systemworks Premier, problem is Vista says it's in compatible and wont let me install it. ONLY want to install the Ghost component from it, nothing else...

Is there a way for me to turn off the program compatibility thing?

• 2 weeks later...

Have a similar problem with Symantec. Symantec, in my opinion, doesn't stand behind their products anymore and to make matters worse they're pulling a microsoft and buying up all the competition. They acquire a great program and then wreck it (restrictions, no support). Sorry for the rant. I don't know what I'm going to do about my issue--can't install and I'm not going to hold my breath waiting for support from Symantec. I'm just going without for now. I'll find a different program that's compatible but in your situation Symantec has the monopoly on disc imaging. You might want to look into a disk duplicator. I have one, it works great. I called Symantec about Ghost Enterprise edition. I wanted to mass image from a server and needed the console version, they wanted $25 bucks for every computer that benefited from my ghost image, can you believe that?