Unattended / Custom CDs always hang at "Installing Network...&quo

Yeah its all in the title.

I spent hours creating my own super cool unattended CD with lots of apps that installed upon first boot up using the guide on this site, but every time the Windows XP setup got stuck at "Installing Network...".

I thort it was my fault so I couldent be arsed to make another CD, so I downloaded a DVD Image released by some group or other, that had MCE 2005 and XP on it, along with lots of other things. The exact same thing happend, so is there any way around it or do i just have some hardware or other that will never work with unatended setups :(

Any help appreciated,

thanks

weez

So, you downloaded a MCE XP iso did you?...

Tut tut

Did you remove network drivers in hardware support? Because nlite might have removed the support but not the entries in txtsetup.sif, hivesys.inf etc.

well yeah i did, call the police immediately!!! :P

the reason i downloaded a DVD iso was to see if my created CD was faulty, and i guess it wasnt seeing as this other created version does exactly the same thing.

I dont even remeber what nLite looks like lol, is there something in there about network drivers? I was also thinking if next time, the pop up box comes up, if i chose custom and installed no network protocols???? That might work, but I cant be bothered to try it yet as i was up all night lastnight getting this instal back to a useable state. And also i dont remeber wethr that box came up or not, most probably not, seeing as its unattended.

Please explain youre solution a bit more, im a bit of a noob see >.<

thanks for the help

weez

i've just encountered this issue while doing RIS builds and is annoyingteh hell out of me and my time as used to work fine.

It appears to be something in my .sif file or my pro/1000 MT nic

using a clean .sif with no mods seems ok, but need to add oempnpdriverspath=drivers\pro1000 & oempreinstall=yes and driversigningpolicy=ignore and that's when it also fails

yet pro/100+ with no mods is all ok with one.sif and fails with another .sif

so, it is either .sif file not liking additions or dodgy nic - testing later but time isn't great

of course any helpful suggestions are always grateful