[Help] Task Scheduler & PC-Cillin

SyntaxError

Here's the problem. I recently discovered PC-Cillin Internet Security 2006 will not run a scheduled virus scan unless someone is logged on, since PC-Cillin does not use the XP task scheduler. PC-Cillin 2005 didn't have this problem.

I need to know how, if it's even possible, to set a scheduled logon of a specific XP Pro user account to allow PC-Cillin to do it's scan each week.

TrendMicro has been completely useless and so has Google, and I've searched this site heavily. I tried a command line tool called Logon.exe that google found, but the task scheduler wouldn't even run it.

On a side note, if I can ever get Smoothwall working, I can dump PC-Cillin and go with some freeware AV app and this problem should then be eliminated entirely.

Title edited -- Please, use [TAGS] in your topic's title.

--Sonic

If a reboot isn't a problem,a workaround would be by scheduling a reboot this way :

Add a task in the task scheduler wich will first add registry autologon entries then reboot.

Add another task to remove the autologon entries from registry.

Another way should be to try to run the Pc Cillin services with a local administrator account instead of the local system account if this the one used.

I hope this helps

I tried allowing the 4 Trend Micro services to logon to a user account with admin access, but the app just wouldn't run right, so I had to revert to default settings. When I get a chance next, I'll try your first solution, but I'm not sure it will work either. I was told just today that task manager won't run unless a user is logged on, so I'm back where I started. I'll give it a a shot though.

Thanks for replying, allen2. At the very least, I learned how to make services logon differently. Just goes to show that no matter how much a person knows about Windows, he has just as much to learn still.