HELP! Proxy Server Setting and Other Tweaks

I'm pretty new to this but have done pretty well setting up my disc with the exception for a few tweaks. First off, I need to make a tweak that automatically sets up my proxy settings. Manually, I do this by going to IE properties; Connections tab; LAN Settings; Check the "use proxy server..." box then put in the info for the address and port. I found some other website that says you can do it by simply setting it up in the WINNT.SIF file by adding in the following:

[Proxy]

HTTP_Proxy_Server=proxy.whatever:8888

Secure_Proxy_Server=proxy.whatever:8888

Proxy_Enable=1

Use_Same_Proxy=1

(Where the address is the part after the = sign and the port is after the : sign)

I did this, but low and behold, it doesn't make the change. So I was wondering if any of you other bright guys (or gals) out there could outline another method to accomplish this task. (Maybe a .reg file to add to a batch command or something?)

I also need help with one other tweak. To make the above change apply to all users instead of the current user, I also manually enable the "Make proxy settings per-machine (rather than per-user) setting. I accomplish this by going to the run command; type in "gpedit.msc", OK; under Computer Config. select Admin. Templates; select Windows Components; select Internet Explorer; then right click on "Make proxy settings per-machine (rather than per-user)" and select "Enable".

Again, I'd like to make this change automatic during install, using a .reg file or whatever. So anybody with any helpful suggestions, answers, etc., HELP! Much appreciated!