switches for some apps..

Colin-uk

Well I almost have my unattended install working, theres just a few apps that dont seem to work with the switches i have

firstly is there a definate working switch combination that works for Nero 7 Ive tried allsorts of combinations like /passive, /i, /qb, /reboot=suppress. And none of them seem to work :(

secondly, nLite, when the installer starts it complains about the .net framework not being indtalled and do i want to download it now? is there anyway to bypass that? i couldnt find anything from searching the forums..

also i have some apps that dont have an installer, so what ive done is packaged them in a self extracting archive with winRAR. the only thing is now when it runs them it asks where i want to extract the files to, there doesnt seem to be any switches that let you specify the path :/ so does anyone know any better ways of doing this (installing apps that dont have installers?)

any help would be much appreciated :)

-Colin

for nlite to run, you must have .net framework v2, (i believe) installed otherwise it doesn't work - as for a silent install, not sure. place a topic in the nlite section and see what response you get

for nero 7, there are quite a few other topics talking about this and even some methods on shrinking the install size

what do you mean by "(installing apps that dont have installers?)" all programs ahve an installer of sorts or they wouldn't get installed and registered on the pc to be used

thanks for the reply i'll make a post in the nlite forum and see what else i can find about the nero installer :)

by programs that dont have installers, i meant things like ResHacker, PowerMenu, etc... they're just standalone programs that you download in a zip, extract and run from the extracted folder without a "setup" process. if you get what i mean :) any idea?

Edited by Colin-uk

ok ive managed to get the self extracting archive to work by changing some of the advanced SFX options :D

btw does anyone know any switches that work for ACDSee 3.0

It almost works but then it pops up a dialog at the end asking for extensions associations... any ideas how t stop that :unsure:

for acdsee i used to install 2.44 years ago, but now i use the last pro version. i made a post for it if you're interested. search for it.

but for version 3.0 you can try repackaging the files that it install to see if it works. for repackaging there are a few posts that describe what to do.