FlexnetAdminStudio

Is there an app out there that is more affordable than FlexnetAdminStudio? I have been trying to download an evaluation copy of Flexnet but the server keeps re-setting the connection . Not sure if I can afford it anyway, it's around 2 thousand dollars for a basic version, after the 30 day trial expires.

Is there a more affordable solution out there. I just want to break apart some .msi files and edit them for my installs.

Any suggestions?

Creat A Great Day!

slatz

If you just want to create transforms files, you can use Wise InstallTailor.

Google it, I can't remember the link.

And shouldn't this topic be in Application Installs? But then again this topic fits in both.

Edited by T D

ScriptLogic puts out a package called Installer Design Studio that's supposed to have many of the same capabilities as AdminStudio. I wasn't too thrilled with the interface or the workflow, but after so long with AdminStudio I'm sure that I'm a bit biased. I'm also sure that if the product works just fine, you could adjust to the interface. I don't know how much it is, but I can't imagine anything being as much as AdminStudio.

I've seen another title out called InstallAware Studio Admin but I really don't know anything about it.

One thing is that these people sure seem to like throwing in the phrases "Studio" and "Admin" into their products.