BSOF After Restart on Unattended

I searched but can't find solution to this one.

I created my first unattended CD and it crashes after setup files copy. I see the windows logo for .5 secs before it crashes.

Here are the changes I made to the CD (it's not nLite):

Created $OEM$; $OEM$\$$\Fonts; $OEM$\$$\Resources and I put my themes and fonts this the respective folders.

I slipstreamed my MSD drivers using the winnt.sif method. I have set OEMPreInstall=yes and OEMSkipWelcome=1.

It recognized by Mass Storage Device. All the files from $OEM$ folders seem to copy OK, but after it restarts, it crashes.

The error I get is: *** STOP: 0x0000007B (bunch of sequence).

Before this, it says a problem has been detected and windows has been shut down to prevent damage to your computer. .. check for viruses, blah blah..... use chkdsk /f

Any ideas?

Are you using an SIS 661 Chipset ?

Are you using Bashrat's drivers ?

If the above is true then it is a problem with one of the driver packs

I am in the middle of sending a bunch of stuff to the author.

:hello:

sorry, guys. i left out some information.

i'm not using bashrat's drivers packs.

i'm using my original drivers supplied on my mobo cd, so if they have new ones, i don't know about it.

i'm not using sis chipset... i don't think i am.

the device is an onboard highpoint raid driver. it's hpt372.

i have searched and one person claims to have solved it by removing traces of rhpt from dosnet.inf and txtsetup.sif but no entries of such exist.

let me say that this particular device has two *.sys files. one is hpt3xx.sys and the other is hptpro.sys. when i use F6, it copies both to the drivers folder.

maybe i need to include both files in my i386 and references both files in txtsetup.sif file so both get copied.

Sounds like a plan. It's definately related to the system's ability to access the drive after the boot which means the drivers are the key. I found some drivers here, but the vendor doesn't even list this controller anymore so who knows what the latest version is.

Let us know how it turns out.

Thanks mordac. I'm pretty sure that that's the problem. When I get home, I'll put both files in i386 and the cab files and reference both in txtsetup.sif and see if that works.

I'll let you know if that works.

Yeah, about new drivers, no mention of it on their site. But the one's you linked are newer than what I have so I'll try the newer drivers.

I think others who are having the same problem because of this.