Allow IE to download without restriction?

Sometimes when I want to download a file even from credible locations, IE 6 would block the download and I would have to click on the screen to enable the download. How do I remove such restrictions and just let IE 6.0 download w/e I want? Thanks!

I don't know how to do it unattendedly, but you can goto tools>internet options>advanced and there's an option there somewhere about automatic prompt for downloads.

Maybe you can use a tool like Regmon to see if options like this are in the registry.

There is also a group policy that can do this as well...normally that is only necessary in a domain environment, but you could do it locally too:

Start > Run > gpedit.msc

Administrative Templates > Windows Components > Internet Explorer > Security Features > Restrict File Download

In that there are a few options...I can't recall off hand which is what, but it should be pretty obvious. After you change the setting it should instantly change, but you may have to reboot in certain cases.

As far as automating it, I haven't dedicated the time to see about that...maybe someone else will chime in with that. Good luck!

Edited by InTheWayBoy