ATI Drivers in a flat ris image

Hi all, i've got my ris image about 99% done, everything works great except the ati drivers. I have all my drivers in the $OEM$\$1 structure. the problem is, i can't seem to find a way to get the ati drivers to work without running the setup program. I know i COULD use guirunonce or commandlines.txt to kick off the setup.exe, but this ris image is used for many computers, not all of which have ati cards. my boss would like to be able to continue to use the "one image for many machines" approach. Anyone have any suggestions?

I thought a little more detail might be helpful. The drivers DO get installed, but when the computer comes back up it is running at 640X480, when you check in device manager the device is banged out (with a yellow exclamation point) and if you check the details it says "this device could not start (Code 10)". the funny thing is, i can right click on the desktop, and select properties and then change the resolution to whatever i want, and it works...

I hope this can help someone help me :)

Hm - ATI drivers are usually quite amenable to the flat file structure for RIS. You usually only need the actual subfolder that contains the driver files in your PNP drivers path.

You could use a utility to change the resolution post-mortem, I guess :).

it's a dell optiplex GX620, which has an ATI radeon x600 SE (128mb) in it.

I have tried both the dell drivers (downloaded from dells site) and the ati catalyst drivers (most recent versions, downloaded from ati's site) neither one works.

I am currently exploring some more creative ways of doing this (namely having a script check the model of the computer, and if it is "optiplex gx620" then that script kicks off the actual setup files from ati...) i would MUCH prefer to just be able to put in a few sys and inf files and a cat and have that take care of it (simpler is better)... but as of right now, i'll try anything ;)