is there any way to completely remove the logon screen?

jeps1lon

before I updated windows xp sp2 with microsoft's web update bs, i was able to have the computer restart and log into windows without me having to click on my **** username in the welcome screen...

how can i set it up to where i can restart and walk away knowing when i come back the computer will be logged in and ready to go?

i need to get rid of this crap

anyone's held woudl be greatly appreciated

before I updated windows xp sp2 with microsoft's web update bs, i was able to have the computer restart and log into windows without me having to click on my **** username in the welcome screen...

how can i set it up to where i can restart and walk away knowing when i come back the computer will be logged in and ready to go?

i need to get rid of this crap

anyone's held woudl be greatly appreciated

It has to do with how you selected the install of "Software,Optional" If you select to install .NET framework 2.0 before you install the SP1 for version 1, this creates problems. I would first try to install the SP1 for verion 1 and see if that takes care of it, as well as any others for .net. If that doesn't take care of it, do this...

Start>Run type "control userpasswords2" > Uncheck "Users must enter a username and password to us this computer" >Enter the username and password(if you are using one) for the account you would like to log in automatically. Click OK for all the prompts. That should take care of it.

Edited by snafumaster