setting the "log on to:" in a script/registry tweak (autolog

ok, so i'm having a dickens of a time with all this auto-logon stuff.

I wanted to use autologon so that my guirunonce would... um run :) (without us having to log in)

we are using an encrypted admin password in our sif, so no go. :P

i then found something on this forum about creating a temporary local admin account in the commandlines.txt portion, which i did, and huray! it worked... some of the time :(

it's about 50/50.

the problem lies in the fact that the "log on to:" box on the logon screen says our domain 1/2 the time, and the local computer name the other half the time. When it says our domain name, the autologin fails, which makes me a sad panda.

I have searched everywhere i can think of to find a place in the registry where that is set, and i even have a script that runs from the commandlines.txt which sets the value of all the places i have found to the local computer name, and still no go :(

i will include a walkthrough of all our scripts that run, any help would be greatly appreaciated.

sorry, i can't spell, and i'm to **** tired to fix my spelling *giggle*

GX620_RIS_Walkthrough.doc

ok, a co-worker of mine mentioned that i might be "overcomplicating" things a bit... at first i got mad, but it made me look at the problem from another angle. what IS the problem, autologon. why do i need to autologon? to make guirunonce run. could the contents of guirunonce be put somewhere else, like oh, i don't know... commandlines.txt :P so i got rid of all my scripts except commandlines.txt and put all the junk from guirunonce into commandlines.txt, and low and behold! it worked perfectly with no user intervention and no autologon required :)

yay!