Ace Mega codecs Pack 6.03 Pro

Well i started looking at this thread: http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showto...ega+codecs+pack for installing Ace Mega unattended but as somebody noticed there this way not everything gets installed.

Looking into the problem one would notice that the components line (in the generated inf file) ends abruptly with an comma wich would suggest something should follow and that there are only codecs there, no bsplayer, filters or utilities.

So I created a second inf file with no codecs and in that file I obtained only filters (entries like filters\blah_blah).

Long story short the /SAVEINF AND the /LOADINF file truncates that line and not all components are installed...

Further you can make the file shorter by specifing just the top entry and not all entries (ie only codecs instead of an entry for each codec).

I attach two inf files with wich you can make a full install without media player classic, antivir, Real Media filters (not codecs), Flash filters, Quick time filters. I removed the later beacuase the installer would ask me for firefox's install dir. Oh there are two files beacause the /LOADINF also truncates the line

you should run in your scripts (don't forget to modify the install path in them)

start /wait  ACE6.0.3Pro.exe /LOADINF=part1.inf /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES
start /wait ACE6.0.3Pro.exe /LOADINF=part2.inf /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES

PS if you want bsplayer out just delete "bsplayer," from the first inf file. Also I'll post a bit later some scripts for RunOnceEx.cmd which will install ace mega in the default Program Files dir ;)

part1.inf

part2.inf

As I said here are the scripts. Enjoy

Ok so i used RunOnceEx.cmd from cd (check here http://unattended.msfn.org/unattended.xp/view/web/59/ )

First of all you'll need the attached files, place them in \install\codec (create the folders on the root of the cd). Also place the Ace mega codecs installer in the same dir.

the RunOnceEx.cmd code

REG ADD %KEY%\031 /VE /D "Ace Mega Codecs Pack 6.03" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\031 /V 1 /D "%CDROM%\install\codec\ACE6.0.3Pro.exe /LOADINF=\"%systemdrive%\ace1.inf\" /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES " /f
REG ADD %KEY%\031 /V 2 /D "%CDROM%\install\codec\ACE6.0.3Pro.exe /LOADINF=\"%systemdrive%\ace2.inf\" /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXES " /f
REG ADD %KEY%\031 /V 3 /D "REG DELETE HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run /v \"QuickTime Task\" /f" /f

rem Now we create ace1.inf and ace2.inf so that the installer can use them after the reboot
rem Also we set the install dir in them;)

copy %CDROM%\install\codec\common.inf %systemdrive%\ace1.inf

rem Install Dir
echo %ProgramFiles%\ACE Mega CoDecS Pack >> %systemdrive%\ace1.inf

copy %systemdrive%\ace1.inf %systemdrive%\ace2.inf
type %CDROM%\install\codec\comp1.inf >> %systemdrive%\ace1.inf
type %CDROM%\install\codec\comp2.inf >> %systemdrive%\ace2.inf

also make sure you add this to the cleanup.cmd (or wherever you make your cleanup after all the installs are done)

del /q %systemdrive%\ace1.inf
del /q %systemdrive%\ace2.inf

PS this last two dels have to be in a cmd or bat file (not in the runonceex registry)

common.inf

comp1.inf

comp2.inf